On September 26-28, Friends of Europe is organising its fifth global online brainstorm, "Debating Security Plus".
If ever there was a time for a hard conversation about our common security challenges, this is it. From countering and preventing violent extremism, to containing tensions on the Korean peninsula, to addressing hybrid warfare, the international community needs a whole-of-society and integrated approach to foster and maintain long-term stability. Participants of this online platform will be able to interact directly with:
- Bert Koenders, Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Sven Mikser, Estonian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Kate Gilmore, Deputy UN Human Rights High Commissioner
- General Denis Mercier, NATO Supreme Allied Commander Transformation
- Gilles de Kerchove, EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator
- Monique Pariat, European Commission DG for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO)
- Pekka Haavisto, President of the European Institute of Peace
- David Andelman, Editor Emeritus at the World Policy Journal & Columnist at CNN Opinion
For more information on the event Debating Security Plus, kindly follow the link.