Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces
Initiated by the Swiss Government, the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is one of the world’s leading institutions in the areas of security sector reform and security sector governance. DCAF’s Public-Private Partnerships Division is seeking to recruit an Administrative Assistant for an initial period of 7 months, starting on 1 September 2017.
- Develop and implement administrative, organizational and financial management procedures for the division
- Oversee the division’s budget and accounts
- Assist with reporting requirements, including financial reports and audits
- Coordinate hiring and induction of incoming staff
- Assist with the organization of events / meetings / seminars / conferences, etc.
- Assist in the translation or proofreading of documents or publications
- Creation of flyers and brochures
Required competencies and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar position
- Excellent administrative / organizational / financial management skills
- Ability to proactively plan and implement work, including managing multiple priorities
- Fluent in French and English (excellent oral and writing skills), fluency in German and/or Spanish appreciated
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment
- Familiarity with Swiss administrative and legal procedures
- Valid working permit for Switzerland or Swiss national
The deadline for application is: 6 August 2017
Candidates meeting these requirements should send a CV and motivation letter to:
Mrs. Séverine Arroyo-Dunand at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified. For further information on DCAF, please visit our website: http://www.dcaf.ch.