Vacancy type Permanent position
Location London with travel to Africa, Middle East and Asia
Service areas(s) Justice, Security and Peacebuilding
About the role
Adam Smith International is one of the UK’s leading providers of technical assistance to justice, policing, and defence institutions and agencies in developing and conflict affected countries. We are currently delivering complex and politically sensitive projects in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
We are looking to expand our existing team of managers by recruiting a position in London.
Successful candidates will take on key roles in both the delivery of existing projects and the conversion of new business opportunities. This will involve:
- Providing technical oversight of projects by managing teams of subject matter experts, analysing operating contexts, liaising with beneficiaries and donors, and assuring the quality of deliverables;
- Contributing to setting the JSP team’s business strategy and its implementation by identifying and tracking opportunities, conducting field research, developing technical methodologies, and building expert teams and establishing organisational partnerships;
- Strengthening our focus on achieving, capturing and demonstrating results through innovative project management, building strong evidence bases, and overcoming complex risks;
- Working with other technical and geographic teams within the firm to share knowledge, exchange experiences and collaborate in pursuing cross-cutting business opportunities.
Adam Smith International seeks the following skills and experience:
- A postgraduate degree in international development, international relations, political science or other relevant fields from a top-tier university;
- At least five years’ experience of designing and managing programmes in a developing country;
- Strong interest in governance, rule of law, security or conflict reduction in developing countries;
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, planning and organisation skills, results-focus and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Enthusiasm and flexibility along with a willingness to travel at short notice;
- Outstanding English written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and team management skills;
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit a CV via our website at Senior Manager - Justice, Security and Peacebuilding – London
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.