The International Security Sector Advisory Team
DCAF-ISSAT intern will form part of the International Security Sector Advisory Team (ISSAT) that consists of 23 staff drawn from a variety of specialisations to support strategic, successful and sustainable Security Sector Reform (SSR) interventions in post-conflict and transitional countries. ISSAT is a Division of the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) and provides a deployable capacity to support its Members (which include 16 bilateral donors, and the AU, EU, OECD Secretariat, OIF, OSCE, UN, and the World Bank) with SSR interventions in conflict-affected and development environments.
The post holder will
- Identify and upload resources, events, and jobs to the DCAF-ISSAT Community of Practice (CoP) online Resource Library http://issat.dcaf.ch/Learn/Resource-Library ;
- Draft and post replies to inquiries and to questions on the CoP Forum;
- Maintain the English, French, and Arabic or Spanish sides of the DCAF-ISSAT website;
- Undertake background research on SSR general and specific country issues;
- Support DCAF-ISSAT teams in preparing for field missions, events, activities;
- Prepare materials for training workshops, seminars, conferences or other
DCAF-ISSAT or donor organised events;
- Any other assigned research tasks or such other duties as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Head of ISSAT in support of team activities.
For qualifications and terms of reference, kindly consult the attached document.