DCAF’s Operations Middle East and North Africa (OPMENA) Division is looking for a motivated individual to support its office in Tunis during a 6-month paid internship..
The intern will mainly assist DCAF Tunis in all aspects of proposal writing, project management, event organisation and targeted research on Security Sector Reform and Governance (SSR/G). The Intern will mainly assist the Project Manager in charge of DCAF’s justice and detention reform programmes in Tunisia. Under the supervision of the Justice Programme Manager will assist with events organisation, targeted research on security sector issues and other tasks as needed.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provides support to four projects that DCAF is carrying out in justice and detention reform (in cooperation with the Department for prisons and re-education, the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Health, the Truth and Dignity Commission, and the Tunisian National Prevention Mechanism for Torture).
- Contributes to identifying needs for further DCAF support in justice sector and detention reform through research and a network of contacts
- Assists the DCAF Tunis team on ad-hoc tasks, specifically contributing to and drafting support documents like concept notes, project documents and correspondence for different projects
- Provides any additional support requested by DCAF Tunis or OPMENA.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English; knowledge of Arabic is considered an asset
- University degree or currently enrolled in university studies in International Relations, Conflict Resolution, Law, Development, Security, Peace Studies, Political Science, or related fields
- Proven track report in drafting and editing reports in French
- Ability to work fast, under short deadlines
- Ability to work independently, to be proactive and solution-oriented;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with publishing software is an asset
Duty station: Tunis, Tunisia
Starting date: 1 June 2017 or upon agreement
Duration: 6 months – renewable once
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include:
- a letter of motivation and CV in French
- a writing sample (in French) of a recent research paper or article
- the completed application form (in attachment).
The subject line of the application email should mention: “Vacancy GVA2017/INTERN-TUNIS”. The deadline for applications is 25 May 2017. Only applications containing all requested documents will be considered.
Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. DCAF is not in a position to respond to telephone inquiries.