The International Security Sector Advisory Team
The DCAF-ISSAT training intern will form part of the International Security Sector Advisory Team (ISSAT) that consists of 23 staff drawn from a variety of specialisations to support strategic, successful and sustainable Security Sector Reform (SSR) interventions in post-conflict and transitional countries. ISSAT is a Division of the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) and provides a deployable capacity to support its Members (which include 16 bilateral donors, and the AU, EU, OECD Secretariat, OIF, OSCE, UN, and the World Bank) with SSR interventions in conflict-affected and development environments.
The post holder will
- Undertake background research on SSR general, country-specific and/or thematic issues;
- Draft and/or prepare training products including case studies, background notes and exercises to be used in trainings;
- Review existing e-learnings and make suggestions for improving contents and visuals
- Gather and prepare audio and/or video support material for use in trainings;
- Support the design and delivery of publicity and outreach materials for ISSAT trainings including brochures, flyers etc.;
- Gather lessons identified and good practice examples for use in ISSAT trainings;
- Support in the maintenance and development of ISSAT’s online courses;
- Provide administrative team support in the coordination, preparation and implementation of training activities
For qualifications and terms of reference, kindly consult the attached document.