The SSR Unit (SSRU), located within the Office of Rule of Law and Security Institutions (OROLSI), Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO), is the focal point and technical resource capacity on SSR for the United Nations system, as well as for national and international partners.
The SSR Newsletter provides an update on recent activities undertaken and/or supported by the United Nations SSR Unit during the period from 1 January to 30 June 2015, gives an overview of upcoming initiatives and shares relevant information and announcements with the international SSR community.
In this issue:
- The cost of Somalia’s Security Sector
- CAR: Preparing for National Reconciliation and Reintegration
- Guinea-Bissau: Answering the Call for SSR Support
- Other SSRU Deployments to Field Missions in Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Mali
- High-level Meeting of the Group of Friends of SSR
- Meeting of Principals of the Inter-Agency SSR Task Force (IASSRTF)
- Workshop on Mapping Multilateral Approaches to SSR
- Annual Workshop for UN Inter-Agency Senior SSR Practitioners
- Annual Meeting of Heads of SSR Components in UN Peace Operations
- Coming Soon