(1) The CAR government agreed to hold a national consultation on SSR. UNDP was providing support to the national committee tasked with planning the consultation and asked the ISSAT to support their efforts. The ToRs for ISSAT support included to :
- Provide assistance with preparing the methodology for the national consultation.
- Provide input into key documents that will be used as part of the consultation.
- Provide assistance with development of the 'road map' from the consultation to the translation of the outcomes into concrete activities, such as an in-depth assessment and eventually in to clear reforms strategies.
(2) In support of this process and as part of their series of in-country consultation on the SSR handbook, the OECD held a consultation in Bangui for both the international community and the committee planning the National Consultation. The OECD DAC asked that the ISSAT join and lead the facilitation team for this exercise.