A morning seminar (08:30-11:30) providing top level principles and frameworks for security and justice sector reform programming. It will focus specifically on defence reform, defence institution capacity building and the military contribution to security and justice sector reform.
Target group: Colonels and above at 1 German-Netherlands Corps (1GNC), as well as civil servant equivalents, and staff of NGOs and civil-society organisations.
The seminar aims to:
- Provide an awareness of the concept of SSR;
- Provide an overview of the policy frameworks of various international organisations;
- Show linkages with peace enforcement, peace-support operations, peace-keeping operations and stabilisation operations;
- Discuss roles of the military within the concept of SSR concept, including at the planning process, and in train and equip endeavours or security force assistance (SFA).
Additional support is provided to the Netherlands input on Thursday 21 May regarding incorporating non-state actors in SSR programming.
The German Führungsakademie in Hamburg will be sending a group of high-ranking officers to be deployed in international missions worldwide to Geneva. DCAF was asked to give an introduction to its mission at the GCSP premises on March 27 along the following lines:
09:00-11:00 DCAF – A Centre for Security, Develpoment and the Rule of Law
DCAFs Policy and World Wide Engagement
- International Security Sector Advisory Team
- Security Sector Development Assistance in North Africa