Facilitation support to the AU-IGAD Member States Workshop
Target Country / Organisation
- The ISSAT Expert is needed to deliver a session on SSR strategic planning processes and guide participants from AU Member States in the Eastern African Region on how to initiate their national SSR planning and implementation processes.
- The expert will also assist in the facilitation of the workshop deliberations and processes.
Mandating organisation / agency / department / ministry
Mandate outputs / products
- A number of national secuirty experts from the AU Member States in the Eastern African Region are trained and sensitized on the AU Policy Framework on SSR.
- Participants from the AU Member States in the Eastern African Region shared knowledge and best practices with each other.
- Participants learn how to plan and implement their SSR processes at their national levels.
- Workshop materials are shared and disseminated.
- Workshop report is written and shared with all stakeholders.
Intended immediate outcomes of mandate
- As part of the partnership agreement between the African Union and DCAF, this workshop will help in strengthening cooperation and coordination between the two organizations in terms of joint planning and consultation for continuous collaboration and knowledge sharing in the delivery of security sector Reform support to AU Member States.
- The workshop will open up opportunities for participants from the target Member States to expose to AU partners such as UN, EU, DCAF-ISSAT, ASSN and open direct lines for them to seek technical and material support from these originations in order to plan and implement their national SSR initiatives.
Specific Lessons Identified