The training brought together approximately 25 participants from across government Ministries from Visegrad 4 (V4) countries and Ukraine. Topics covered in the training included: governance and SSR, police/ justice reform, the role of non-state actors etc. The training was based on practical case studies and interactive exercises. Special focus was paid to the Ukraine crisis. Participants were also invited to share their experiences throughout the training.
Mandating organisation / agency / department / ministry
Mandate outputs / products
- Increased knowledge on the SSR key processes among practitioners;
- Increased awareness of the inter-connected nature of SSR activities and programmes.
Outcome objectives of mandate
The main objectives of the training included:
- Introduce participants to the concept of SSR, including such issues as contexts, principles and the highly political nature of SSR;
- Review the key policy frameworks and actors involved in SSR;
- Develop the basic skills to facilitate a whole of government approach to SSR.