The theme of the event, ‘Leading Innovation in Peace Operations: Strengthening Tomorrow’s Performance’, will focus on innovative solutions and best practices to strengthen the performance and impact of tomorrow’s civilian, police and military peace missions.Given contemporary security challenges and increasing mission complexity, what are the implications for tomorrow’s preparation and training for field missions?
The seminar is expected to generate input for ongoing international training concept development processes.
The two-day seminar will explore gaps, requirements and solutions related to training concepts and methodology development in the following areas:
- Strengthening leadership of peace operations by leveraging polarity thinking;
- Scenario-based leadership training development on Protection of civilians; Managing relations with parallel forces; Strengthening safety and security;
- Enhancing Security sector reform and the need for responsive governance in building sustainable results;
- Managing information effectively in challenging environments; and
- Mitigating risks of small arms and ammunition loss in peace operations.
To register to the seminar, Leading Innovation in Peace Operations: Strengthening Tomorrows'Performance, please follow the link.