Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces
Operations Department, Division Middle East and North Africa
The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is dedicated to making states and people safer. Good security sector governance, based on the rule of law and respect for human rights, is the very basis of development and security. DCAF assists partner states in developing laws, institutions, policies and practices to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms based on international norms and good practices. Headquartered in Geneva, DCAF has a global portfolio and employs over 170 highly qualified international staff with operational activities in over 70 countries. DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR).
Our Operations Middle East and North Africa Division is looking for:
Position: Project Officer, MENA Division, Geneva
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Two years
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project management
- Manages all the MENA Division websites, databases and social media presence of the MENA Division, oversees the technical maintenance, development, and implementation, updates the design, and periodically evaluates the impact of the above platforms.
- Supports the Programme Managers in the planning, organising and coordination of the work of all staff and external consultants or experts who provide the substantial content for the MENA Division websites and databases.
- Monitors the performance and ensures the quality of all websites, databases and social media presence, making recommendations about further developments and improvements.
- Develops innovative content, products, strategies and solutions to strengthen MENA Division web presence, including on social media.
- Administrative tasks
- Provides budgeting and planning related to websites and databases, in coordination with and support to MENA Division overall budgeting and planning.
- Ensures that all high quality narrative and financial reporting is produced and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Manages all administrative and financial aspects related to the Division’s websites and other online platforms.
- Support to MENA Management
- Supports the MENA Division management in the coordination, improvement and development of the divisional communication and media strategy, in coherence and coordination with DCAF corporate communication policies.
- In coordination with TFNA and operational management, supports strategies aimed at improving and expanding internal and external communication aimed at donors and potential donors to the Trust Fund for North Africa (TFNA).
Required competencies and qualifications:
- A minimum of three years’ relevant work experience
- Graduate degree in communications, web design, or another relevant field
- Oral and written fluency in English, fluency in French is strongly desired. Arabic is an asset
- Prior experience with Wordpress, CMS, and website management a strong asset
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Initiative, confidence and ability to offer and implement ideas
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at time of application is a prerequisite
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, or ethnicity.
Candidates meeting the qualifications are invited to e-mail their CV with a cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position to: email@example.com by 31 March 2019. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information regarding the post Project Officer, Web and Communication (100%), please follow the link.