swisspeace is a practice-oriented peace research institute. It carries out research on violent conflicts and their peaceful transformation. The Foundation aims to build up Swiss and international organizations' civilian peacebuilding capacities by providing trainings, space for networking and exchange of experiences. It also shapes political and academic discourses on peace policy issues at the national and international level through publications, workshops and conferences. swisspeace therefore promotes knowledge transfer between researchers and practitioners.
swisspeace was founded in 1988 as the Swiss Peace Foundation in order to promote independent peace research in Switzerland. Today the Foundation employs more than 40 staff members. Its most important donors are the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, the Swiss National Science Foundation and the United Nations.
swisspeace is an associate institute of the University of Basel.
The swisspeace Statehood Program is looking for a new Senior Program Officer. Main tasks:
- Coordinate ongoing mandates and projects related to governance, decentralisation, and peacebuilding in Syria with local and international partners
- Develop new ideas and projects and secure corresponding funding, thus contributing to the financial sustainability of the Statehood Program
- Represent swisspeace vis-à-vis partners and provide senior expertise in the implementation of mandates and projects, including the supervision of staff as necessary.
- Supervise the administrative and financial management of projects and mandates
- Contribute to the swisspeace training courses organized by swisspeace and the University of Basel
- Expand network with national and international actors
For full details about the vacancy Senior Program Officer, please follow the link