Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project
The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) is seeking researcher to work remotly (part-time to fulltime) for Central Asia, East Asia and West Africa to assist in the collection, review and management of political violence and protest data across the regions.
ACLED is a research project which records, publishes and analyses disaggregated data on violent political conflict.
Collection of data is conducted by reviewing news, international organisation, NGO and security reports on a list of assigned countries, and recording the incidents of political violence into an Excel template. Researchers will focus on coding events to provide holistic coverage of current political violence, ranging from protests to battles. Review and management of data involves ensuring the quality, consistency and reliability of the data produced. The role provides team members with experience conducting detail-oriented tasks, and producing and managing quantitative data.
For full details about the consultancy opportunities as Researcher, kindly follow the link.
ACLED is a research project which records, publishes and analyzes disaggregated data on violent political conflict. These data are publicly available, along with analysis and information about the project, at www.acleddata.com. These data are used for a range of purposes, from academic research on dynamics of conflict to informing diplomatic policy, and humanitarian and development work in conflict-affected contexts.
ACLED is seeking a Digital Security Consultant to complete the following deliverables:
Assessment and Strategy
- Produce an assessment of the organization’s perceived risk based on information gathered during interviews and review of processes, tools, and policies;
- Produce a tailored organizational security strategy based on the assessment;
- Produce an implementation plan based on the organizational security strategy. This will include recommendations for the types of policies, processes, and resources to develop in order to achieve the goals of the strategy;
- Provide initial support to ACLED in executing the implementation plan including providing advice, ideas, tool support, and creating resources (guides, webinars, etc);
- Conduct monthly reviews of existing tools, processes, etc. and suggest revisions to ensure all are up to date and implemented properly;
- Propose new solutions when appropriate/relevant;
- Update training materials to reflect new tools/processes and assist ACLED in rolling them out;
- Address threats/questions which are raised and support ACLED staff to determine policies for new emerging threats and issues.
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to work remotely with limited supervision;
- Considerable experience in assessing and ensuring digital security and the technologies associated (7+ years);
- Experience conducting security assessments and developing security strategies;
- Deep understanding of conflict and security work especially as it pertains to the physical and security risks associated (having worked or consulted for local human rights organizations, civil society organizations, journalists etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience training those without fluency in relevant digital security terms, tools and processes.
For more information about the position, Digital Security Consultant, please follow the link provided.