To provide surge capacity to the AUC DSD in the conceptualisation and implementation of a successful first SSR Steering Committee meeting through:
- Input and assistance in finalization of the Draft Concept Note and Terms of Reference.
- Provision of comment/input on the draft Agenda.
- Facilitation of panel discussions on the implementation of the AU SSR Framework in Member States engaged in SSR initiatives.
- Presentation on relevant topic (TBC).
- Support the AUC on strengthening engagement with regional and international partners to collectively improve their support to Member States activities related to SSR.
- Support the identification of recommendations and way forward for the Steering Committee based on needs and actions identified.
- Reinforcement of the secretariat on reporting.
Mandating organisation / agency / department / ministry
Mandate outputs / products
- Session facilitation/presentation as required
- Contribution in the form of inputs and quality control of the documents of the meeting.
- Steering Committee meeting report
- After Action Review report.
Intended immediate outcomes of mandate
- Official launch of the AU SSR Steering Committee.
- Adoption of the Terms of Reference of the AU SSR Steering Committee.
- Recommendations on actions to be taken and reported in the second annual SSR Steering Committee meeting.