Mandated to protect civilians and support transition processes in the Central African Republic
Concerned with the security, humanitarian, human rights and political crisis in the Central African Republic and its regional implications, the Security Council authorized on 10 April 2014 deployment of a multidimensional United Nations peacekeeping operation – MINUSCA, with the protection of civilians as its utmost priority. Its other initial tasks included support for the transition process; facilitating humanitarian assistance; promotion and protection of human rights; support for justice and the rule of law; and disarmament, demobilization, reintegration and repatriation processes.
MINUSCA subsumed the UN Integrated Peacebuilding Office in the Central African Republic (BINUCA) on the date of the establishment. On 15 September 2014, the African-led International Support Mission in the Central African Republic (MISCA) transferred its authority over to MINUSCA, in accordance with resolution 2149 (2014).
Programme Global du PNUD - Evaluation à mi-parcours du projet conjoint d’appui à la Cour Pénale Spéciale (CPS) en République Centrafricaine
Dans le cadre du soutien de DCAF-ISSAT au Programme Global sur l’Etat de droit, le PNUD a demandé à DCAF-ISSAT de mener une évaluation à mi-parcours du projet conjoint PNUD-MINUSCA en soutien à la Cour Pénale Spéciale en République Centrafricaine. Cette évaluation a pour objectifs:
- D’identifier les résultats apportés par le projet tout en analysant les raisons de leur succès ou de leur échec;
- D’analyser la valeur ajoutée du Programme Global et de sa contribution au succès de ce dernier ; et
- De fournir des recommandations pour la seconde phase du projet.
The focus of this position is to advise the MINUSCA Leadership on all aspects of Security Sector Reform (SSR) activities related to mandate implementation. Within delegated authority, the SSR Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists in the overall management and administration of the SSR capacity. Also provides support in the development of the SSR capacity’s support to national SSR efforts, as well as the day-to-day coordination of activities with other mission components (e.g. political, military, civilian; communications/public affairs; legal; policy/planning; mission analysis, etc.) and UN entities.
- Supports the provision of strategic and technical advice to both national stakeholders and Mission/UNCT leadership on security sector-wide issues, with special emphasis on civilian oversight, management and coordination. • Supports the development of mission strategy, policy and proposals with respect to support of national SSR efforts.
- Supports the delivery of coherent ‘one-UN’ support of national SSR efforts, together with all relevant Mission/UNCT interlocutors, including coordination of Mission-UNCT assistance and through effective integration of all SSR programmes/projects and related activities undertaken by Mission components.
- Supports the provision of advice and assistance to key parties (e.g. MINUSCA Leadership, established Commissions, government officials, etc.); consults with relevant stakeholders through inclusive and participatory processes.
For further information about the position, Security Sector Reform Officer, please kindly follow the link.