The Commission of the African Union (AU) will convene the 2nd Africa Forum on Security Sector Reform (SSR) on 22 – 24 October 2018. The workshop will take place at the AU Headquarters in Addis Ababa. The aim of the 2nd Africa Forum on SSR is to take stock of SSR developments on the African continent and to map a way forward for AU Member States, RECS/RMs, the international partners and African stakeholders. DCAF is requested to support the African Union Commission in the organization and management of the event before, during and after the dates of the event.
Mandating organisation / agency / department / ministry
Mandate outputs / products
The above outcome will be articulated in the following Forum outputs:
- A 3 year Plan of Action for AU SSR support at the national and regional levels.
- Press release to be circulated to all participants, stakeholders, partners, the media and the public.
- Official AU conclusions of the 2nd Africa Forum on SSR.
- Comprehensive report of the Forum.
- Publication of Forum documents through various media.
Intended immediate outcomes of mandate
AU Member States, RECs/RMs, partners and stakeholders will have enhanced capacity to push for an African continental security sector that is effective, efficient, and responsive to democratic control, and to the security and justice needs of African people.