This one day Training Course on Fragility, Security and Development in the context of EU external action is organized by the EU Commission's Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO) Fragility unit. It will take place in Brussels from 19 to 21 May 2015. The first day will look at increased potential and ambition – the EU Comprehensive Approach; the second will focus on the EU comprehensive approach in practice – EU instruments; and the third day, presented by ISSAT, will discuss the Comprehensive Approach and Security Sector Reform. The EU has asked ISSAT to cover the case of Mali.
The training should help practitioners working in the field of security and development cooperation to develop an accurate understanding of the institutional set-up of the EU and the relevant operating procedures and become familiar with the complementary roles played by different policy instruments and different actors.
Mandating organisation / agency / department / ministry
Mandate outputs / products
- Training session on SSR and Mali;
- Group exercise on international actors coordination in the context of the SSR process in Mali.
Outcome objectives of mandate
The main objective for ISSAT support is to:
- develop the various notions and key policy documents related to SSR;
- describe the Security and Justice challenges in Mali;
- facilitate a group exercise on international actors coordination in the context of the SSR process in Mali.