The purpose of the annual conference was to offer stakeholders involved in training for peacekeeping operations a forum to broaden contact and discussions, to share ideas and experiences, good practices and lessons learned, with the view to harmonizing training programmes in alignment with evolving contemporary trends and threats.
The theme for the 2018 conference was on ‘Innovative Capacity Building for Effective Peace Operations’.
Mandating organisation / agency / department / ministry
Mandate outputs / products
- Contributions, shared knowledge and networking with UNPOL and IAPTC stakeholders (to include several bi-lateral DCAF-ISSAT meetings)
- Knowledge café facilitation on ‘Peacekeepers as advisors’.
- Presentation delivered on 4th on behalf of EAPTC.
- Conference report.
Intended immediate outcomes of mandate
- A pre-conference 1 x day UNPOL Strategic Guidance Framework (SGF) workshop will be attended on Sunday, 30 September.
- As part of the 2018 annual IAPTC Conference, DCAF/ISSAT will participate in a Knowledge Café, focusing on interactive learning and reflection with theme being Peacekeepers as Advisors.
- DCAF-ISSAT will present seminar highlights and reflections on behalf of the EAPTC, during as joint session on regional Peacekeeping training and development initiaitives and events.