lundi 09 avril 2018 Session
As part of the ESDC Core Course on Security Sector Reform, organised by Austria (11-19 April 2018), ISSAT will deliver the foundational parts related to the Level 1 basic course.
The training will take place at the Austrian Study Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution (ASPR).
To apply, please go to the "Documents" tab on the left of the page and download the application form. Please send all applications to Claudia Hofer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please click and the following link and which will redirect you to the ESDC Core Course Page.
The Key Objectives are:
- Introduce participants to the concept and evolution of SSR, including such issues as contexts, principles, programme areas and the highly political nature of SSR.
- Review the key policy frameworks and actors involved in SSR, with a special emphasis on the EU and the UN.
- Acquaint participants with key crosscutting issues in SSR programming such as oversight, gender and multi-actor coordination.
- Examine sub-sector reform processes targeting statutory and non-statutory security and justice providers from the perspective of the security sector as whole.
- Provide participants with opportunities to learn about SSR through a series of hands-on exercises in which they are exposed to many of the tools and techniques that SSR practitioners use on the ground.
The Mandate outputs/products:
An increased capacity and understanding of SSR issues, a greater awareness of the ground realities when supporting SSR programmes, and an increased awareness of the SSR programme cycle and how to manage SSR programmes.