The course will bring together approximately 25 participants who wish to develop key skills and competencies for future field deployment in Peace Support Operations. The target audience includes military personnel from various countries (in past years e.g. Switzerland, Thailand, China, Jordan, Algeria, Serbia and Kazakhstan).
Mandating organisation / agency / department / ministry
Mandate outputs / products
- Increased understanding of the concept and principles of SSR and the linkages with PSO;
- Development of basic knowledge required to support SSR in post-conflict environments;
Outcome objectives of mandate
Main objectives of the PSO-SSR briefing include:
- Better understanding of the concept and evolution of SSR, including actors, concepts and principles;
- Develop the basic knowledge required to support SSR in post-conflict environments;
- Better understanding of the linkages between PSO & SSR as well as the importance of stabilisation
- A comprehension of the DDR concept and process, including the link with SSR
- Understand governance and its implications for the security sector and SSR
- Use concrete cases to build on lessons learned and apply concepts to practice.